All Meeting Minutes
2000.09.19 - Excom
Tuesday September 19, 2000
Tuesday September 19, 2000
EX COMM MEETING MINUTES SEPTEMBER19, 2000
Present: Joe Matera, Malu Lujan, Brian Herlihy, Chris Havel, Dean Atkinson, Alex Athanasopoulos, Rebecca Hausmann, Isabella La Rocca.
- A motion was made to allow Malu and James Wei to take two lasers for Friday night racing within the senior area provided a keelboat acts as an escort and it is recommended that they take a radio. The motion passed with 6 in favor and 2 abstentions.
- A motion was made to approve Rebecca to use a keelboat for a women’s sailing seminar on Saturday, October 7. The motion passed with 7 in favor and 1 abstention.
- A motion was made to table the above motion until the budget is approved. The motion failed with 4 in favor, and 5 opposed.
- A motion was made to approve Tiffany Anderson, 14 years of age, to become a member. The motion passed unanimously.
- Commodore Joe reports that we have had at least 6 dinghies operative all summer and he thanks Scott and his helpers for all their hard work. There are two committees working on either designing or finding an existing dinghy.
- Vice Commodore Malu reports that she will apply to the Department of Waterways for a grant for our teaching dinghy fleet. They give grants of up to $30,000. Please send her an e-mail if you are interested in helping. Malu is working on a film about CSC.
- Second Vice Commodore Brian reports that our windsurfing program is one of the best in the country. Martin Jonikas organized a fantastic trip to the Delta which came off swimmingly. We are planning more windsurfing trips in the future for which we are considering using an inflatable rescue skiff.
- Third Vice Commodore Chris reports that we plan to do haul outs in our own yard at a more leisurely pace. He thanks Dan Twelker for filling in while Chris was gone and who was the force behind many projects. He would also like to thank Bill Duncanson and Peter Tang and Robert Ofsevitz and Sypko Andreas and Bob Hood and Mike Arntz. He would like to see this great work continue.
- Rear Commodore Dean reports that 75% of our members don’t hold a rating and we should give them lessons. Jolanda de Boer requests teachers for this and next Sunday’s Women’s classes.
- Port Captain Alex reports that we have 7 dayleaders and we are still short on Tuesdays, though we were open today. He requests help in fixing up the clubhouse.
- Treasurer Rebecca reports that she is working on a financial statement. She is proud that we have worked out a reasonable budget. She will post it on the listserver and can mail or e-mail one to any individual. We expect our membership income to remain stable.
The meeting was adjourned.