All Meeting Minutes
1999.07.15 - Excom
Thursday July 15, 1999
EX COMM MEETING MINUTES JULY 15, 1999
Joe Matera, Alex Athanapoulis, Dean Atkinson, Bryan Herlihy, Ingrid Pulhug, John Frazier, Isabella La Rocca, Roland Brunner.
- A motion was made to appoint Roland Brunner to the position of Treasurer. The vote passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to appoint Dean Atkinson to the position of Treasurer. The vote passed unanimously.
- Dan Acland reports that Bigfoot is improved, her insulin dose is adjusted and her water intake is down from about a quart to about a cup of water a day. A motion was made to approve $410 for Dan to pay boatowners for the estimated amount of the damage caused by negligence. The vote passed unanimously.
- John Myall brought up the increase in the State Dept. of Boating and Waterways budget of $24 million. John will talk to Milu about reapplying for funds from the State. All plans for the expanded yard fence should be presented to Alan Champion by Wed. 7/28 for a vote at the next Ex Comm meeting.
- Elizabeth Simon will resign from the position of Chair of Rating Committee. Joe will expect interested members to contact him and will appoint a replacement at the next Ex Comm meeting.
- Dan Twelker brought up the issue of Rob Morrow who worked 231.35 hours as a day leader last summer without having completed the contract with UC Berkeley. Dan has agreed to consult with Wilder Lee about the possibility of compensating Rob Morrow.
- Joe has appointed Guy Housewright Photography Chair. Guy will be authorized for expenses up to $100.
- A motion was made to approve Alex Case’s proposal to paint the deck on the next ensign that gets hauled as his senior project. The vote passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to rescind the approval of Alex’s proposal for failure to complete the senior project approval process. The vote failed with 2 in favor, 4 opposed and 1 abstention.
- A motion was made to approve Alex for up to $1,000 to replace up to 8 lido booms. The vote passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to approve John Frazier for up to $150 for to acquire a Rhodes trailer. The vote passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to approve Isabella’s proposal to investigate the viability of a club-sponsored winter windsurfing trip to Baja California as her senior windsurfing project. Issues to be researched would be safety, transportation, destinations, road conditions, best dates for the trip, campsites and hotels, rescue operations, and insurance. She will present a report to Ex Comm, and if it is approved she will organize the trip. The vote passed with 6 in favor and 1 abstention.
- Hester Burn-Callander is concerned that the increase in racing memberships to $75 is discouraging members and recommended that it be reduced.
- James Wei and Dean Atkinson will investigate the possibility of building a laser dolly.
- A motion was made to allow 3 people on the JY under the supervision of James Wei, John Frazier, or Peter Kuhn. The vote passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to purchase one set of day/night signaling devices to be checked out by senior skippers. The vote failed with 2 in favor and 4 opposed.
- Commodore report: Joe received a letter from UCAC with various complaints about CSC members. The letter will posted at the clubhouse.
- First Vice-Commodore Alex reports on the success of laser/byte racing. All boats are in good repair and sailors are having fun. Five lidos are working.
- Second Vice-Commodore Bryan reports that windsurfing lessons are not going well - Ingrid and Dean will consult to improve these. A motion was made to approve Bryan for $800 to purchase 2 slightly used Bic Techno boards in A+ condition ($500) and 3 one-piece masts ($300). The vote passed unanimously. The boards will arrive on August 1.
- Third Vice Commodore John would like to re-rig Daisy. A motion was made to approve him for $800 for this purpose. The vote passed with 6 in favor and 1 abstention. He has installed throw ropes on Donald and Daisy. All keelboats are working and all five were out last night.
- Rear Commodore Dean reports that Chi Deng will be given a list of names to contact for windsurfing lessons.
- Secretary Isabella reports that the Racing Manuals, Windsurfing Books, and Windsurfing Sign-out sheets have been printed.
- Treasurer Roland reports that he has worked with Marcelline about accounting procedures and he will buy Quickbooks accounting software. Isabella, Joe, and Roland will sign the Business Signature Replacement Card.
The meeting was adjourned.