All Meeting Minutes
1999.08.12 - Excom
Thursday August 12, 1999
EX COMM MEETING MINUTES AUGUST 12, 1999
Joe Matera, Ingrid Pulhug, John Frazier, Dean Atkinson, Mark Yampanis, Roland Brunner.
- A motion was made to renew Charles Clausen’s Cruise Rating. Dan Twelker will check out his docking skills. The vote passed unanimously
- A membership meeting is scheduled for September 9. Cards will be mailed.
- The rating committee will meet one hour prior to the membership meeting to elect a new chair person.
- Incentives to encourage windsurfing teachers were discussed.
- A motion was made to approve Dan Twelker’s Cruising Skipper rating. Letters of recommendation were read from his qualifying cruises. The vote passed unanimously.
- The next Ex Comm meeting will be held at Circus Pub. A motion was made to expend $50 for Ex Comm members at each Ex Comm meeting. The vote failed with 3 in favor, 3 opposed and 1 abstention.
- Commodore Joe reports that many crew are showing up for Sunday racing and all racing is gaining popularity. Scott McLean will build an improved storage system for the lasers.
- Second Vice-Commodore Ingrid reports that an account has been established with Chinook to purchase equipment.
Photographs will be taken on Saturday morning of members with our new sails for our donors.
- Third Vice-Commodore John reports that Daisy’s mast was rebuilt for $1,300. Dean thanked John for his tireless effort. Dewey’s forestay was replaced because of mysterious damage. The 25hp motor has arrived an will be installed in the next few weeks.
- Rear Commodore Dean is saddened to hear of the lack of instruction.
- Treasurer Roland reports that we have a balance in the checking account of $8,000 and in the money market account of $65,000. Kayak paddles have been purchased from Boardsports and they need to be picked up.
The meeting was adjourned.
Amendment to July 29 Ex Comm Meeting Minutes:
- A motion to amend the operating rules regarding our policy toward underage members was made. The motion proposed changing the operating rules to read:
"Section IV.12 Minors (under age 17) may join by obtaining special permission from the CSC Executive Committee and by having a consent form signed by their parent or legal guardian. Before sailing or windsurfing, members under age seventeen must advise the dayleader that a young member will be on the water. Members under age fourteen must have a parent or responsible adult present when they are at the club or on the water.
Section XI.5 No one under the age of 17 may obtain a Club rating without the approval of the Executive Committee. Under no circumstances may anyone under the age of 12 obtain a rating. No one under the age of 18 may obtain a Senior Skipper, Cruising Skipper, or Senior Windsurfing rating."
The motion passed by a vote of six in favor; none against; and two abstentions.