All Meeting Minutes
1999.09.30 - Excom
Thursday September 30, 1999
Thursday September 30, 1999
EX COMM MEETING MINUTES
SEPTEMBER 30, 1999
Joe Matera, Megan Buckley, Scott McLean, Brian Herlihy, John Frazier, Dean Atkinson, Mark Yampanis, Isabella La Rocca, Roland Brunner.
- A motion was made to appoint Scott McLean for the position of First Vice-Commodore. The motion passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to change the operating rules so that another person, in addition to the Rating Committee Chair, can be designated by Ex Comm to administer the Senior, Cruising, and Senior Windsurfing written tests. The motion passed with 7 in favor, 1 abstention and 1 opposed.
- A motion was made to approve Rebecca Haussman to administer Senior, Cruising, and Senior Windsurfing written tests. The vote passed with 7 in favor, 1 abstention, and 1 opposed.
- A motion was made to approve Naim Busek be approved to check people out on the high performance dinghies and administer Junior rigging and sailing tests. The motion passed with 8 in favor and 1 abstention.
- A motion was made to change to the operating rules in Section 6 to include the following paragraph: "During foggy conditions, non-seniors shall remain within sight of the dayleader." The vote passed with 8 in favor and 1 abstention.
- A motion was made to accept a donation of 9 lockers. The vote passed with 5 favor, 3 opposed and 1 abstention.
- A motion was made to approve $200 for club tax preparation. The vote passed unanimously.
- The first draft of Isabella’s proposal for the trip to Baja this winter was reviewed. Recommendations were made and the report will be reviewed at the next Ex Comm meeting.
- Commodore Joe reports that we have received cancellations of property tax assessments for all Lidos and Ensigns. We received another positive letter from BYA Summer Camp. It will be posted at the club house.
- First Vice-commodore Scott asks that Jiffy Reef lines be kept on the boats at all times. We have four Lidos down about which he is waiting for an update from Alex Athanasopoulos. We are planning to move the chain plates to the rail and to remove all bolts from rubrails. Scott will be at the club every afternoon and would like help. Call him at (510) 834-1604. We are also looking for a new Laser/Byte Chair.
- Second Vice-commodore Brian reports that we have received all the parts we ordered from Chinook (universals, uphauls, harness lines, and downhauls). We have an offer from Bic to sell us last year’s short boards for $150-200 each. Brian will report back on that. We have received our kayak paddles and they are painted and in operation. Please read the notice from Brian that is posted in the club house. Please send letters of thanks to Ezzy Sails and Windance for the new sails we received this summer.The addresses are: Windance Inc., 108 Hwy. 35, Hood River, OR 97031; David Ezzy, 760 Mopua, Haiku, HI 96708. Also, Windance is offering CSC members a $50 discount on new Ezzy sails. Their web site is address is www.windance.com.
- Third Vice-commodore John reports that he spent $140 at Metal Magic to replace Dewey’s gooseneck and it is back in service. Thank you to Chris Havel. John will be hauling out 2 Ensigns in the near future.
- Rear Commodore Dean reports that he made an analysis of the membership data base and posted it to the e-mail list. Please come teach people to sailing and windsurfing, especially on Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Treasurer Roland estimates that we have 590 members. Based on the membership of the last 6 weeks, in the next two months we will be down to 500 members.
- Secretary Isabella reports that there is confusion about the whether the latest version of the blue Introductory Handbook for Sailing Lido 14’s at the Cal Sailing Club is the one dated August 5, 1998. If you have a later version or the original of the August 5 version, please contact her within the next week at (510) 839-4652.
The meeting was adjourned.