All Meeting Minutes
1999.11.09 - Excom
Tuesday November 09, 1999
EX COMM MEETING MINUTES
November 9, 1999
Joe Matera, Scott McLean, John Frazier, Dean Atkinson, Mark Yampanis, Roland Brunner, Isabella La Rocca.
- A motion was made to approve Dean for $150 to replace the battery on the 15 hp motor. The vote passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to approve Scott for $100 for surveys for the Boat Design committee. They will be distributed at the General Membership meeting. The vote passed with 3 in favor and 4 abstentions.
- A motion was made to approve Peter Tang’s senior project to replace the flotation on an ensign. The vote passed with 5 in favor and 2 abstentions.
- A motion was made to approve Ernest Galvan’s senior project to eliminate property taxes, pending his attendance at an Ex Comm meeting. The vote passed with 5 in favor, 1 abstention, and 1 opposed.
- A motion was made to raise the windsurfing locker associate membership dues to $250 per year. The vote passed with 5 in favor, 1 abstention, and 1 opposed. The motion will be raised at the General Membership meeting.
- A motion was made to raise the race associate membership dues to $75. There was no second.
- A motion was made to raise the race a the race associate membership dues to $65. The vote passed with 4 in favor, 2 abstentions, and 1 opposed. The motion will be raised at the General Membership meeting.
- Rebecca is requesting submissions for the Fall 1999 "Floating Bottle," including pictures and poetry submissions. Bonus points for rhyming. The deadline is November 23.
- The date for the General Membership election meeting has been changed to Tuesday, November 30, 1999 at 7 pm at the Berkeley Yacht Club. The motions to raise the dues (to $50/quarter, $175/year, $45/quarter, $150/year for students, $250 for windsurfing locker associate membership, and $65/year for race associate membership) will be discussed and voted on. There will also be discussions about replacing the teaching dinghy fleet. Please submit agenda items and nominations.
- The next Ex Comm meeting will be Tuesday, December 14.
- Commodore Joe reports 3 SPECTACULAR windsurfing days last week! He is inspired to continue his windsurfing pursuits in Baja.
- First Vice-commodore Scott reports that the boats are in excellent conditions thanks to a select group of people doing repairs. He believes the Lidos could last a long time with routine maintenance.
- Third Vice-commodore John reports that he purchased the sails but colors and numbers remain to be decided on. Dewey is broken. John will not be running for office next term.
- Rear commodore Dean reports that he is returning the Evinrude 6 hp motor because it isn’t suitable for club purposes (it’s heavy and awkward). He is looking into buying a replacement.
- Treasurer Roland reports that the checking account has about $3,000 in it and the money market account has about $65,000. He intends to make an analysis of the basic monthly operating costs for the club.
- Secretary Isabella reports 3 SPECTACULAR windsurfing days last week! She is inspired to continue her windsurfing pursuits in Baja.
The meeting was adjourned.