All Meeting Minutes
1999.12.28 - General
Tuesday December 28, 1999
EX COMM MEETING MINUTES DECEMBER 28, 1999
Joe Matera, Malu Lujan, Scott McLean, Brian Herlihy, Dean Atkinson, Mark Yampanis, Naim Busek, Isabella La Rocca.
- A motion was made to approve Jesse Cohen, age 14, for membership. The vote passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to approve Sypko Andreae’s senior project to organize a volunteer Dayleader program as outlined in the attached. The vote passed unanimously.
- Scott will organize a work project to clean the ovens at the BYC because of complaints that they were dirty after the last General Membership meeting.
- A motion was made to approve a $500 budget for periodic service for the outboard motors in the year 2000. The motion was withdrawn.
- A motion was made to approve Dean for up to $300 for the 20-hour maintenance service for the 15 hp motor. The vote passed with 6 in favor and 2 opposed.
- Commodore Joe reports that the next Ex Comm meeting will be Tuesday, January 11. He will try to reserve a room at the Pyramid Brewery. The tax assessor is still figuring out what we owe or if we are due a refund. Joe is about to start work on our insurance policy to lower our rates.
- Vice Commodore Malu reports that Ex Comm meetings are better than sex.
- First Vice Commodore Scott reports that we have 8 boats up and running. He needs people to make note in the general log book about which centerboards are still sagging or having problems.
- Second Vice Commodore reports that we haven’t had good wind in a month.
- Rear Commodore Dean reports that we had teachers and no students last Saturday. Come get lessons at no charge.
- Port Captain Mark reports that he is still looking for dayleader through Cal’s work-study program.
The meeting was adjourned.