All Meeting Minutes
8/15/10 ExComm Meeting
6:30 pm in the yard by the clubhouse.
Attending: Jennifer Kroon (Commodore), Rob Miller (2nd Vice Commodore), Clément Barthès (3rd Vice Commodore), Dave Hoyt (Port Captain) briefly, Peter Kuhn (Treasurer), Noah Salzman (Secretary), and briefly Virginia Luchetti (co-Rear Commodore) with Grandma Rosali, who was serenaded on her 91st birthday and given a cold beer.
Officer Reports:Treasurer: We have $31,370 in the bank, up $24,933 from our last meeting 7/11 when we had $6,437. We have a reimbursement claim in to the Department of Boating and Waterways for $13,101.91 for reimbursement for 2 outboard motors for our rescue skiffs and 30 wetsuits, and plan to submit for $15,393.55 more reimbursement for 21 more wetsuits, and new Bahia sails and masts. We have received but not yet paid for the RS Vision dinghy $6000 and 8 new sets of Bahia sails $6160, we've ordered but not yet received 7 Bahia masts, approx $6000; and we've not yet been billed by the City for 2009 and 2010 hoist maintenance fees, max $2700, for a total of $20,860.
Income last five weeks:
Regular memberships $20,368.00
DBW reimbursement--12 beginner windsurf boards and sails, 10 wetsuits $16,504.54
UC workstudy reimbursement $3,853.25
Windsurf locker memberships $460.00
Donations, interest, surplus equipment sale (propeller and fuel tanks) $120.33
Expenses last five weeks:
Dinghies--4 Bahia masts, 1 Bahia rudder, anchors, paddles, shroud adjusters,
metal for Bahia tillers and JY rudderplates, shock cord, cleats, caulk, tape,
rivets, bolts, nuts $4,928.08
Dayleaders--wages, taxes, payroll processing $3,353.65
Windsurf-15 booms 30 nosepads 10 uphauls 10 harness lines $2,753.13
Safety Equipment--wetsuits $1,573.95
Clubhouse and Yard--porta-pottie service, DSL, painting supplies, plastic strips
for fence, propane, workparty for trash can cozies $1,275.19
Yard rent & fees August $731.33
Property taxes--boats and possessory interest on yard $545.94
Bank--credit card processing fees $453.16
Keelboats--bottom cleaning, line, cleat, fender, electrical connectors, bolts
for pulpit $331.07
Office supplies--bound and laminated manuals and tests, windsurf signout books
Rescue Skiff--fuel $111.92
Tools--posthole digger and tamper bar $84.44
Teaching expense--Sat am lesson bagels $83.34
- Jennifer Kroon (JK) moved to approve the expenditures summarized in the Treasurer's report, Rob Miller (RM) seconded (2nd), unanimously approved (UA).
- RM moved to approve Lydia Lopez and Manesh Davala's Sr Windsurfer projects which will be organizing clinics, Noah Salzman (NS) 2nd, UA.
- JK moved to approve Sean Seward's dinghy cruise to Quarry Beach, Angel Is. Clément Barthès (CB) 2nd, UA
- PK moved to require any skipper failing to put away a Laser properly (up on wall) to sell the Laser, JK 2nd, PK JK RM in favor, NS CB opposed
- Robert Ofsevit brought up Intro Sail safety for discussion, JK will look for OH chair to ensure proper briefing of skippers and guests.
- JK moved adjourn, CB 2nd, UA. Meeting adjourned 6:32 pm.