Please note: the family membership is a discount program that we can't offer to you if you can't follow the instructions below. Please read them carefully, and do not ask for help from club members who already have plenty to keep them busy!
A family's memberships (3 months, for members related as related as parents/guardians/children, not couples alone, must be accompanied by parents and/or children when joining) can be purchased by sending $175 via Paypal to Treasurer@cal-sailing.org.
We don't encourage new members to consider this option, because it is considerably more complex than signing up for an individual membership, and someone who's never been in the Cal Sailing Club may have a hard time judging if it's right for all of their family members.
We offer this option because many current members would like their parents, spouse, or offspring to be able to use club equipment or take lessons, and those current members can provide their family all the help they'll need to sign up, get lessons, pass ratings, etc.
If you do want to sign up your family, then before you come in, please
1. Print and fill out liability and medical forms for each family member under 18. Please review the liability release carefully, and sign it if you agree.
2. Sign up (click on Membership, then Join) each family member for a regular membership by filling out the names, email (please use a similar email for all family members, adding a plus sign and initial that email programs ignore to the prefix: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com), usernames, and passwords, and clicking Sign Up. On the next page, click on the text beginning with "Cancel payment" to cancel out of the payment process. This gives each family member an account on the website, which will give them a user ID once your payment is processed.
3. Log out (from the temporary account created for the last family member) and sign up (click on Membership, then Join) the next family member. Note: once you log out, you won't be able to log in again until the membership is activated.
4. File the medical and liability forms for all family members under 18 in the minor waivers binder (there's a 3 hole punch in the dayleader desk.) Give the dayleader a list of the names of all the family members, written on paper, to be put in the safe and retrieved by the Treasurer. Or, you can email all the family member names to Treasurer@cal-sailing.org
5. Your family's memberships won't be valid until the Treasurer has manually activated all the individual memberships for your family members. Once that has happened, you'll be able to log into all your individual accounts.
Before you decide on a family membership, consider that a family member does not need a membership to go out on a boat that is signed out by another family member. You do need a membership to sign out a boat or windsurfer, or to go out on a lesson, but not to go out on a boat signed out by a family member.
Also, consider that a youth membership will be discounted to $1 if the youth member agrees to show up 4 times to help on Saturday or Sunday windsurf lessons once they learn to windsurf.
If you decide you want a family membership, please print out your forms and sign up at home, not on the clubhouse computer, which is very busy, especially on Saturdays. Remember to log out of each family member's website account before creating the next family member's website account.